If a new Security Officer is required for any GUARDWATCH SECURITY UK LIMITED, or an Ancillary Worker at a site where Security Officers are employed or are to be employed, the following recruitment procedure will be followed:
- The relevant Job Description and Person Specification will be used to ensure the correct characteristics are sought and met.
- Candidates will be screened to ensure they meet UK employment legislative criteria.
- GUARDWATCH SECURITY UK LIMITED Equal Opportunities Policy will be followed during the recruitment process.
- GUARDWATCH SECURITY UK Limited will conduct eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Vet the chosen candidate and ensure that they meet the SIA criteria.
- Relevant training will be given to Security Officers if they do not already hold the relevant licences.
- Employment will not commence before correct vetting and training (if applicable) procedures have been completed, or before the employment contract has been signed, except as allowed under BS7858.